Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ISFJ

So I recently completed my MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) certification in Boston.  I met some great people and learned a lot about personality "type".  I learned so much about myself and so much about others.  I sat at a table with some great folks...one gal from Pennsylvania, Candice, was almost my type opposite and I so enjoyed talking with her and hearing how she processes information. 

One of the greatest things I learned is that as someone who has a preference for Introversion, I like to process information internally (which I knew) and that getting that information out to others is very difficult for me (which I did NOT know) because it all makes such great sense in my very own brain...but I'm unsure of how to put my thoughts into words. 

Now I understand why I thought it would be a great idea to have a blog but can't come up with creative ways to express my thoughts. 
 
 
So now I am certified to administer MBTI assessments and debrief the results with folks, either individuals in coaching or for groups as team building...and I'm really looking forward to getting deeper into what makes people tick and why they do the things they do! 
 
I'm Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging - what does that mean?  Introverted - I prefer to process information internally rather than talking through things with others, I prefer to recharge in the quiet by myself rather than with a group of people.  Sensing - I take in details using my senses (what I see, hear, smell, feel and taste) rather than using my intuition to form hypotheses or theories.  Feeling - I make choices based on my own value systems and care about the value systems of others rather than objectively thinking about what is the best choice for the situation.  Judging - I like to make plans and do things in an orderly fashion rather than perceiving what all of my options are and making a last minute decision based on that. 
 
Do you know what your Myers-Briggs type is?  Would you like to do a deep dive into what makes you tick?  

1 comment:

  1. I was MB-typed about 20 years ago, but I didn't have the awareness (or care) to know what to do with it. I think that being "re-typed" will be so enlightening, especially with someone as intuitive, honest and embracing as you. We are so fortunate to have a resource like you on base. I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete