Thursday, June 13, 2013

I get by...

...with the love and support of my awesome support system.  Thank you to my husband and my friends for showing me SUCH love and support when I shared my new adventure with you all!  I could definitely feel the encouragement, support, and excitement in all of your emails back to me, so THANK YOU!!!!!

I was thinking of doing a "gratitude" seminar...maybe we could do a virtual one here!  So many people ask me how to eliminate worrisome thoughts from their lives...how to focus on the positive...how to change their frame of reference/perspective...and I think that practicing gratitude when any of those situations arise is so invaluable.  I don't think it's possible to eliminate those things from your life necessarily, I think it's just so important to practice gratitude in those situations. 

When I am frustrated that Fran and Brody are pulling me in different directions, I become grateful for two healthy dogs that have brought endless love to our family...when I worry that the girls are home alone while I'm on this 15 minute walk with the dogs, I become grateful for the town I live in with its low crime rate, the couch in my family room that the girls are comfortably lounging on and the fact that I can afford cable TV that they are happily watching...when I worry about the possibility of a furlough at my work, I become grateful for the days I will be able to work and help support such an amazing mission.  And folks, sometimes I don't remember to be grateful for a whole day, so be kind to yourself if the gratitude is flowing like molasses rather than like water!

What are you grateful for?  What are the situations that you might find yourself in where practicing gratitude could result in that frame of reference or shift of perspective? 

I am grateful for you, for supporting me and giving me the courage to come back here today!!!!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment