Wednesday, June 12, 2013

So Much to Say...

I am starting a blog today, I have been wanting to do this for a few months now and I found the final inspirational sign I needed in Glennon Doyle Melton's blog this morning, encouraging us all to do our Thing now.  So here I am, doing my Thing.  Whatever that is.  :)

Sometimes I just have so much to say, and I truly believe (at that moment) that if I can just get OUT what I need to say, people will understand EXACTLY how I'm feeling.  However, I know that no matter what I say, or when, or to whom (who?  whom?) they won't understand until they are ready to feel the things I'm feeling.  I can't tell you how many times in life I've had an "a-ha" moment and I've been able to trace it back to some words of wisdom someone shared with me years ago, and perhaps I even jotted those wise words down, but I didn't truly understand them until some other unrelated thing happened and it was the small thing I needed to have that "a-ha" moment and grow a little bit more.  I love those moments!

Still, in the spirit of doing my Thing and getting OUT some of the new "a-has" I've been experiencing, I will mention them here, in my brand new blog!  (I'm excited...and nervous...thanks to BrenĂ© Brown for teaching me to be vulnerable - it's changed my life so much for the better!)

Ok...the first thing I've had a wonderful and new understanding of is Love.  A few close friends, including my awesome hubby, know about my new discovery and how a necklace opened my eyes to my new views about Love.  I have this necklace from Stella & Dot, and it simply says "With Love" on it.  Through a series of conversations I had the need to "get right" with my necklace...what did it really mean to me?  Was it just a pretty piece of jewelry?  For those of you who know me, you know my jewelry does not change.  It is very infrequent that I make jewelry changes, so I wanted to really understand what this necklace meant to me.  I decided that "With Love" is how I want to make all of my choices.  With Love in my Heart is how I will make all choices...easy for the easy ones, not as easy for the challenging ones...making choices with this statement in mind helps me stay completely true to my value system and helps me ensure that my actions and intentions match up.  It's been hugely transformative!

The other thing that recently came up for me was something that a coach of mine said to me years ago, "The heart doesn't speak in paragraphs."  I agreed, jotted it down, and had no clue what he meant.  He asked me to do an exercise where I looked up to my mind and asked "Why am I here?"  and then I looked down to my heart and asked the same question.  I practiced this exercise and apparently my mind and heart had a lot to say which I sent to him in an email, prompting his response that the heart doesn't talk in paragraphs.  Oops...I'm painfully literal sometimes.  I'm starting to get why I'm here...and it's such a sensation, it's so within me, that not only do I not have a paragraph to describe it - I don't think I have any words at all to describe it!  I want to help people, but that doesn't do any justice to the feeling that wells up inside me when I think of why I'm here. 

And so it begins...(to quote my hubby)...anyone want to respond?  Why are YOU here???

No comments:

Post a Comment